Sunday, February 12, 2017

Ta-da!!!!


I truly never thought I would be saying these words, but my website is finally done!  That's what the "ta-da" was all about.  It's named after my great-grandmother, fannie jane.  

Here's the link if you want to visit: fanniejane.com

I've been trying to get this up for so long, but life kept getting in the way. That sounds like an excuse, but it really did.  Things that I had no control over took priority over the website.  

Anyhow, here we are.  The website is up, and far from finished, but so far I'm pretty happy with it. I have a lot of content to add, but for now I think you will see where I'm going with it.

I was bound and determined not to be a store; yet I needed to be able to sell my handmade items.  Hmmmmm, I figured the best thing to do was make it a blog/teaching/inspiring website and oh, by the way, I do have a few products for sale if you're interested!

My dream for all these years has been to promote handmade.  To teach, encourage, motivate, and showcase both old and new handmade treasures. I'll be making tutorials on all kinds of handcrafts and put them up, hopefully encouraging others to try something new. Originally I planned on just selling patterns for the designs, but I've decided to start with the finished products and see how it goes. 

I feel like I did a pretty good job of being very true to myself.  It is hard not to be influenced by other websites, but I just designed it so that if I happened upon it randomly I would absolutely love it. There are plenty of us out there, and the common thread is we love handmade.  We love to collect it, we love to create it, we love to share it.  

By the way, the absolutely adorable little girl on the home page is my granddaughter.  She's standing on a handmade quilt from my grandma and her sisters from downhome.  The outfit little Ellie has on is one of my original designs.  All the adorable props are vintage, some with a makeover by yours truly, like the buggies.  

I hope you can visit. If you believe in handmade, like I do, then you should enjoy it.  If you love it please join my mailing list and I'll keep you updated.  

I'm so excited I actually squealed this morning.  Have a wonderful day!!



3 comments:

  1. First of all let me tell you that your granddaughter is absolutely gorgeous. And as far as inspiring I think that you are very inspiring I am so happy that you are making your dreams come true. Best wishes on your new website and I can't wait to be a part of it. I know I will enjoy reading and looking at all the wonderful things that you will have there. Blessings to you, Susie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you already know how proud I am of you!!!!!!!! But i will say it i again... I AM BEYOND PROUD!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you back with YOUR NEW WEBSITE! Looking forward to what you post!

    ReplyDelete